Well, life has taken over this past month for sure. I just realized that we are already into the second week of February. I don’t know where the time has gone. I’ve been spending a lot of time getting items listed for sale on both ebay and Amazon. I’ve been spending time with family and friends and letting time slip away. With that being said, I was still able to accomplish most of the goals I set for myself in January:
Launch One Frugal Momma by January 31. I’m glad I can check that one off of my list. Now I need to work on content and being more consistent with listing.
- Create (8) “Busy Boxes” for my son by the end of February: I’ve created a few so far. I have a flashcard box that we are using to work on letters, words, and matching. I also have a box of crayons and coloring books. We spent a while with this one on Friday. I’m working on creating a sticker book and collecting stickers for my third box. I’d say that’s a step in the right direction.
Go on at least one out-of-the house adventure each week– the weather has been cooperating with us on this one. We’ve been to the park a few times, the pool, IKEA, and walks around town.
- Add (2) new windows by the end of 2012. This one is in slow process. I am saving money from my eBay and Amazon selling adventures to go towards our next two windows. We are just shy of the funds we need for our first window.
Create an entertainment center for our living room using IKEA Besta storage solution. DONE! We installed it this weekend. What do you think? I’m really happy with how it turned out. Research costs for electrical repairs/additions by end of January.DONE! We had electrians in to add additional outlets and a cable jack for our new entertainment center. They gave us a quote for the remainder of the small jobs we have around the house. Now I just need to keep selling so we can afford to get them done.
- Finish renovation of upstairs hallway. This is in the cue waiting for the necessary funds.
- Double my monthly sales by increasing listings to 100 and then maintaining 100 as I sell . I haven’t doubled my sales yet but I have reached 100 items and am trying my best to maintain that. My sales have definitely increased since I reached 100 listings though.
Prepare first shipment of books to Fulfillment by Amazon by January 14. DONE! I sent a box of books and have sent 10 other shipments since including 2 today.
- Write at least one blog post per week no later than Friday. My goal is to get back up to 2 posts per week but I’m still trying to work out my schedule for Amazon, eBay and blogging.
- Go on at least one out-of-the house adventure each week . I’ll bring this one over from last month. It helped me make sure we were doing something fun.
- Create (8) “Busy Boxes” for my son by the end of February. I have 3 done of the 8 I wanted done by the end of the month. I have ideas for the others so I’m on my way!
- List at least 20 items per week (by Saturday) to eBay. I’m trying to be more consistent with my listing. I enjoy buying inventory but it won’t sell if I don’t list it. If my store is over 100 listings I get sales. If it’s not they drop off. So that is pretty good motivation to keep listing.
- Send 1 box per week to Amazon. I’ve been amazed at how many new-in-box items I find at thrift stores. I’ve been using Profit Bandit to help me make the decision if its a good item for resale. This app paid for itself in one sale alone!